Where: 3325 Artesian Drive Mississauga, ON
When: Saturday, April 6th, 2019 – Saturday, June 8th, 2019
Cost: Per Session: $190
Who: Ages: 5 – 8 (boys & girls)
Session 1: 10:00am – 10:45am (10 weeks)
— or —
Session 2: 11:00am – 11:45am (10 weeks)
Jr. NBA Spring Session
Artesian Drive Public School
- Lower hoops and smaller basketballs to introduce the game to young players
- Package includes jersey, basketball, drawstring bag and certificate
Jr. NBA Program
- Participation – Provide opportunities for youth ages 5-12 across Canada to play basketball.
- Education – NCCP FUNdamentals Coach Workshop and full basketball curriculum with supporting resources.
- Development – Develop young athletes in alignment with the Sport Canada LTAD Model and stage-appropriate drills and games.
- Progression – Entry to the Canada Basketball development pathway, encouraging athletes to pursue high performance opportunity.
- Character Building – Help athletes maximize their potential, using basketball as a vehicle to develop character and life skills.
- Age 5-12 | Co-ed| 8 – 12 Weeks | 45-75 Min. Sessions
- A national youth basketball program designed to develop fundamental skills, sportsmanship and a love of the game of basketball.
- Empowering basketball communities, clubs, and facilities
- Positively impact youth through the sport of basketball
- Holistic approach to athlete development based off of the Sport Canada LTAD Model
Legacy Hoops Youth Academy’s Jr. NBA focus is on fun, and developing the confidence and ability in enjoying physical activities. Skill development will occur through a variety of basketball drills & games that will be conducted by NCCP trained instructors in a safe & inclusive environment.
We focus on the fundamental movement skills of jumping, running, sliding, passing, catching and co-ordination. The program will also work to begin and progress on the development of some of the fundamental basketball skills such as dribbling, passing, shooting, rebound and playing defense.
What is Canadian Sport for Life?
- Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L) is a Canadian movement to provide age and stage appropriate programming for athletes, from playground to podium.